Job title: 1st Line Support Technician
Reports to: Head of Service Delivery
Hours: Monday to Friday 37.h hours (Rota between 08:00am to 18:00pm) 60-minute lunch break.
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
As a 1st Line Support Technician, you will be responsible for working directly with the end users, offering 1st line technical support via email, ticketing system and telephone, performing fixes where possible and escalating where necessary.
• Providing 1st line technical support for hardware and software issues.
• Triaging the complexity of a ticket and either owning it yourself or owning the escalation to a senior colleague within a timely manner.
• Ensure all calls are logged into the helpdesk system and progress notes are added to all calls.
• Managing the timely resolution of open calls and call actions across all customers.
• Proactively managing problem calls through to completion in a timely basis.
• Proactively identifying potential issues on customer sites and investigating if those problems could occur at other sites.
• Identification of potential opportunities to replace or implement new solutions or equipment at customer sites.
• Ensuring SLA’s are met.
• Sharing your technical knowledge and assisting your colleagues with issue resolution.
• The ability to deliver exceptional customer service and a desire to go ‘above and beyond’ for our customers is a basic requirement of the role.
Technical requirements include:
• Desktop PC’s and Operating systems (Windows XP / Windows 10)
• Networking and firewalls. SonicWall experience is beneficial
• Server support - in particular Small Business Server 2008 and server 2008/16 Exchange 10/13/16 + Office 365
• Anti-virus software management and rollout
• Back up technology. Veeam experience is beneficial
• SharePoint Experience is beneficial
• A minimum 1 years’ experience in an IT support role, ideally working for an IT MSP
• A passion for problem solving under pressure
• Able to work on their own initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Team mentality
• Good sense of humour
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary and achievable OTE. Health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, tastecard membership, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), employee bonus scheme, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.