2nd Line Support Consultant
Reports to: Pod Leader
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (Or alternative shift), 60-minute lunch break.
ABOUT BCN GROUP
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
FOCUS OF THE ROLE
BCN Group have an opportunity for an experienced 2nd Line Support Technician to join our Helpdesk team. The role will act as an escalation point for 1st Line Engineers, you will be responsible for providing email and telephone based technical support to our vast client base, resolving a wide range of technical customer issues and escalating support requests where necessary to ensure that queries are resolved in line with agreed SLAs.
Our ideal person will be an experienced Support Technician from a Managed Service Provider background. You will assist in developing the support team’s technical knowledge and be able to communicate clearly and regularly with both the customer and the account manager on progress made on issues raised. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
- Providing 2nd line technical support for hardware and software issues.
- Ensuring all calls are logged into the helpdesk system and having ownership that all progress notes are added to all calls.
- Managing the timely resolution of open calls and call actions across all customers.
- Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
- Ensure that any technical or operational issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
- Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to source suitable technical solutions or resolve problems
- ‘Hands-on’ problem-solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
- Provide on-site support for customers as and when required
- Delivering exceptional customer service and demonstrating the ability and desire to go ‘above and beyond’ for our customers.
- Microsoft software including Windows sever 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- O365 and its complimentary addons. (OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Flow, Planner, Delve etc) Exchange server, SQL Server, HyperV, VmWare, Backup technologies (particularly Veeam),
- Antivirus (particularly ESET A& Sophos),
- Firewalls (particularly WatchGuard & Sonicwall)
- Advanced networking skills (Managed switching, VLAN’s),
- Storage (SANs, NASh , Azure, AWS and private cloud technologies.
- General advanced hardware/software troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A passion for problem solving under pressure
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, written and spoken communication skills
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Team mentality
- Good sense of humour
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary. Health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, tastecard+ membership generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), employee bonus scheme, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.