Job title: Senior Infrastructure Projects Engineer
Reports to: Head of Professional Services
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (Or alternative shift), 60-minute lunch break.
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
This is an exciting and challenging role for a seasoned candidate with a proven track record of delivering cloud and infrastructure refresh projects to end users.
The engineer will be responsible for capturing client requirements, recommending appropriate technical solutions, planning project delivery and implementing the proposed technical solution. The role is suited to a confident communicator, capable of hosting customer workshops and training sessions for groups of stakeholders and end users. Strong documentation and technical handover skills are required to ensure a smooth transition of solutions into service and support.
Technical requirements include:
• A thorough understanding of Microsoft software including Windows Sever 2008 through 2019
• Active Directory implementation and migration of related services (DHCP, DNS).
• O365 email migrations and implementation experience with its complimentary components (OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Flow, Planner, Delve etc)
• Exchange Server
• Virtualisation solution (Hyper-V, VMware) implementation
• Shared storage (SAN) implementation
• An understanding of migration to cloud storage and infrastructure platforms (Azure, AWS, private cloud)
• Backup technologies (particularly Veeam)
• Router/firewall deployment (particularly WatchGuard & SonicWall)
• Advanced networking configuration (VLAN’s, static routes)
Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite.
• A minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• A passion for problem solving under pressure
• Able to work on their own initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Possess good organisational and time management skills
• Full UK driving licence
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary and achievable OTE. Health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, tastecard membership, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), employee bonus scheme, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.