1st Line Support Consultant
Reports to: Pod leader
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
About BCN Group
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
Focus of the role
As a 1st Line Support Consultant, you will be responsible for working directly with the end users, offering 1st line technical support via email, ticketing system and telephone, performing fixes where possible and escalating where necessary.
• Providing 1st line technical support for hardware and software issues.
• Ensure all calls are logged into the helpdesk system and progress notes are added to all calls.
• Managing the timely resolution of open calls and call actions across all customers.
• Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution
• Ensure that any technical or operational issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
• Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to source suitable technical solutions or resolve problems
• ‘Hands-on’ problem-solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
• On occasion provide on-site support for customers as and when required
• Delivering exceptional customer service and demonstrating the ability and desire to go ‘above and beyond’ for our customers.
• Microsoft software including Windows sever 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019.
• O365 and its complimentary addons. (OneDrive, SharePoint & Teams,)
• Basic understanding of virtualisation mainly HyperV,and VmWare inc Backup technologies (particularly Veeam),
• Antivirus (particularly ESET & Sophos),
• Basic understanding of firewalls (particularly WatchGuard & Sonicwall)
• Basic networking skills inc network patching.
• General advanced hardware/software troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite.
• A minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• A passion for problem solving under pressure
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written and spoken communication skills
• Possess good organisational and time management skills
• Team mentality
• Good sense of humour
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, tastecard+ membership, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), employee bonus scheme, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.