Full Stack Web Developer
Reports to: CTO
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, 60-minute lunch break.
Salary: £40,000 – £60,000 (DOE)
About BCN Group:
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
Focus of the role
Primarily the role will focus on developing and improving BCN’s internally built ERP system, using PHP & MySQL. The role may also include chargeable development for BCN’s client base.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining internal and external web-based applications
- Testing and quality assurance of all development work
- Perform maintenance on existing systems as well as develop new applications
- Analyse system issues and implement solutions rapidly
- Building high-quality deliverables while being thorough in all aspects of the development lifecycle
Technical skills required:
- Strong object-oriented development experience with PHP/MySQL and its web frameworks (Codeigniter and Laravel)
- Familiarity with relational databases and MVC design patterns
- Experience with git version control
- Good communication
Desirable but not essential:
- Linux knowledge
- Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Drupal, WordPress
- Knowledge of T-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A passion for problem solving under pressure
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Good sense of humour
- Team mentality
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, tastecard membership, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), employee bonus scheme, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.