Reports to: Pod leader
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
BCN Group have an opportunity for an engineer to join our Service Continuity team. The role will sit in the heart of the team responsible for the monitoring and remediation of infrastructure alerts, as well as ancillary services offered by the team (patching, proactive checks, etc.).
Our ideal person will be an experienced engineer from a Managed Service Provider background or experience working in a NOC. You will assist in developing the team’s technical knowledge and be able to communicate clearly and regularly with both the customer and the account manager on progress made on issues raised. A passion for IT and problem solving is essential.
• Monitoring of customer systems and management of monitoring events and ticket queues
• Contributes to the development and tuning of the system monitoring service
• Managing the timely resolution of open calls and call actions across all customers.
• Proactively working to improve internal processes.
• Identification of potential opportunities to replace or implement new solutions or equipment at customer sites.
• Ensuring SLA’s are met.
• Sharing your technical knowledge and assisting your colleagues with issue resolution.
• Troubleshoot and resolve backup failures
• Troubleshoot offline alerts and escalate to the necessary support pod where appropriate
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware alerts such as disk space alerts /RAID issues / SNMP alerts, creating RFC’s where necessary
• Monitor team shared mailbox and action where appropriate
• Escalate consecutive backup failures, utilizing problem tickets
• Support adding new customers / devices to Datto, utilizing Group policy to deploy the agent
• Involvement in short term projects such as Configuration and Replacement of backup jobs / offsite backups
• Support removal of services such as Datto RMM, VCC.
• Delivering exceptional customer service and demonstrating the ability and desire to go ‘above and beyond’ for our customers.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, tastecard+ membership, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), employee bonus scheme, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.